Monday, September 26, 2011

Manicure Mondays: Zebra

Ever since it has been getting hot in my parts, all I've wanted to do is wear the craziest, most colorful nails around! I just got this new, absolutely gorgeous Zoya color that epitomizes summer - the brightest, boldest hot pink ever. I'm not a pink girl by any means, but this just screamed out to me.
I thought I'd kick it up a notch even more by adding some badass zebra stripes using a striping brush. Just two coats of the Zoya color, then by using a striping brush, I added random and slightly messy horizontal stripes across my nail. Since it's supposed to be kind of organic, it wasn't too hard to make it look good. Mistakes are welcome!

{what i used}

CND stickey anchoring base coat
Zoya lola
Cacee color artist with striping brush in black
Seche Vite dry fast topcoat
Nicole by OPI drying drops

2 comments:

  1. CUTE! what did you use drying drops for? also, do you feel like seche vite makes your nail polish come off in like whole pieces?! i feel like it does that to me sometimes and it makes me not like it even though i really want to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ sammy s: i use drying drops to make it dry a lot faster! it literally only takes 1 minute to be dry to the touch - 5 to be dry completely.

    i used to love seche vite because it helped dry the nail polish quickly, but now i'm not as big of a fan because it shrinks my nail polish (towards the tips) and gets thick really fast! i suggest poshe topcoat :)

    ReplyDelete