Monday, April 11, 2011

Manicure Mondays: Half Moon

Say hello to my new obsession: the 'half-moon' manicure!


It's a throwback to the vintage manicures of the 1940's, brought back by popular demand. Dita Von Teese rocks it all the time and that woman has some serious style. After seeing a tutorial online, I figured it was easy enough for me to do on my own.

And it is! I'm obsessed. This was my first one I had a couple weeks ago, but I've done it at least 3x more in all kinds of color combinations. Seriously, it's my favorite manicure yet!


My attempt at a shabby tutorial:
But if that isn't very helpful, here's a video tutorial:


{What I Used #1}

Base Coat - Sally Hansen Diamond Strength
Base Color - Essie in 'Sew Psyched'
Top Color - Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in 'Wet Cement'
Top Coat - Seche Vite




{What I Used #2}

Base Coat - Sally Hansen Diamond Strength
Base Color - Essie in 'Sand Tropez'
Top Color - Nicole by OPI in 'Nicole's Nickel'
Top Coat - Seche Vite




This one has been my FAVORITE yet! I love how classic the color combination is yet how gorgeously sparkly and glamorous it is too. Nicole by OPI's 'Nicole's Nickel' has made its way to one of my favorite nail polishes ever! It's sooo pretty - I mean look at the way it sparkles, it's insane.


{What I Used #3}

Base Coat - Sally Hansen Diamond Strength
Base Color - Essie in 'Dive Bar'
Top Color - OPI in 'Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous'
Top Coat - Seche Vite





3 comments:

  1. Love the sparkly nails for a night out on the town! Hope you have a great week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sparkly! This reminds me, I need some new nail polish.

    Happy Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you tutorial! Gonna try it when I get the time!

    ReplyDelete