Friday, February 5, 2010

Mixtape

I mean, I'd self proclaim myself as a music addict, but recently... it's gone past that point. Music has become no longer a substance that I need, but I think rather a substance that is wholly, and completely a part of me, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
My current favorites?
I've loved the creative geniuses of Miike Snow for some time now. They've been cutting, pasting, remixing and mastering music like it was their job, well... I guess it sorta is. But their debut album? Words cannot describe the enchanted state it has put in.
Oh XX, how you tug at my heartstrings. Your instrumental 'Intro' never fails to tingle every single cell in my body. Can't wait to possibly road trip up to Big Sur and see you!!
Someone please help, I'm completely obsessed with Kid Cudi and I think it's unhealthy! I love every, single song on this album, it's pure genius (in my eyes anyway).
Oh and tea, we've spent numerous long nights together; those have been interesting. Tea, you never fail to pick-me-up, calm me down, or put a smile on my face. I know you're not music, but oh how I love you so.

Enjoy my latest loves:
(I've been quite enamored with these, whether they be old or new)

1. The Rosebuds - Get Up, Get Out
2. Miike Snow -Animal
Miike Snow - Cult Logic
Miike Snow - Song for No One
3. Tegan & Sara - Alligator
4. Reni Lane - Place for Us (Monsieur Adi Remix)
5. Four Tet - Plastic People
6. Passion Pit - Little Secrets
7. Prefuse 73 - Styles that Fade Away with C
8. Bon Iver & St. Vincent - Roslyn
9. Dan Black Ft. KiD CuDi - Symphonies
10. Tiesto Ft. Jonsi - Kaleidoscope (High Contrast Remix)
11. Julian Casablancas - 11th Dimension
12. Neon Indian - Deadbeat Summer
13. Florence & the Machine - You've Got the Love (The XX Remix)
14. David Guetta Ft. KiD CuDi - Memories
15. RJD2 Ft. Kenna - Games You Can Play
16. Metronomy - Not Made For Love (Astronomers Remix)
17. The XX - Intro
The XX - VRC
The XX - Heart Skipped a Beat
18. Jens Lekman - Your Arms Around Me
19. KiD CuDi - Soundtrack 2 My Life
KiD CuDi - Up, Up & Away
KiD CuDi Ft. Vampire Weekend - Cudderisback
20. The Shins - Strange Powers (Magnetic Fields Cover)

Images Via Google Images.

6 comments:

  1. you might be interested in a little radio station here in milwaukee called 88.9 radio milwaukee. they play a lot of music that you like. it's a great station. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi michelle! it's faye from yelp...and omg, i just have to say that i am in loooove with the xx! haha they really do "tug at the heartstrings"! again, you have really great taste in music. i can't wait to listen to some of these songs because there is really NOTHING better than new music to fall in love with :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi michelle! it's faye from yelp...and omg, can i just say that i am in LOVE with the xx! they really do "tug at the heartstrings" haha. again, you have great taste in music. i can't wait to listen to some of these other songs because there is NOTHING better than falling in love with new music :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi michelle! it's faye from yelp...and omg, can i just say that i am in LOVE with the xx! they really do "tug at the heartstrings" haha. again, you have great taste in music. i can't wait to listen to some of these other songs because there is NOTHING better than falling in love with new music :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been obsessed with the XX for some time now. Your music tastes make me think you might enjoy my and my husbands blog, which pairs food and music--check it out--hopefully you can find some more food for the soul there: www.eating-sf.com & www.musicalpairings.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michelle, beautiful blog - love that you have a nice salad bowl of content. I hopped over from the comment you left. Anyway, you show discernment in your taste for music. XX is probably my fave album of 2009 and Miike Snow was great as well (saw him twice).

    ReplyDelete