Sunday, December 21, 2008

Paulette {Los Angeles, CA}

As part of an early Christmas present to me, my sister, bless her heart, drove through three hours of major traffic to get me a box of French macarons from the Paulette Bakery in Beverly Hills. I've been drooling over photos of these macarons for months upon end and to finally get my hands on them? You have no idea how it felt! Let me describe my first bite into my first French macaron ever, my teeth gently broke into a delightfully crisp and light outer shell while the ganache sandwiched in between oozed into my mouth full of intense flavor with just the right amount of sweetness. It was like biting into a little slice of heaven. And honestly after a 6 month wait for these little nuggets, I thought the anticipation would get the best of me. But nope, everything that I expected was everything that I got! Can't wait to try my hand at making these beauties.

2 comments:

  1. I love Paulette!! It's right by me, but I have only been once. Such wonderful macarons and I think I want to try and make some soon. They probably won't be as good :)

    ReplyDelete